22.7.19

Where art thou?

I've been listening to bands consistently every night. It started with The Smashing Pumpkins, then Incubus, and Linkin Park.

Tonight, I picked Red Hot Chili Peppers. Our internet is crappy. Crappier than Comic Sans. (That doesn't mean I hate you, Vincent Connare. You're a hero!)

Suddenly, my Spotify played Chili Peppers All Star Mashup by Pomplamoose. I'm immediately hooked! I tweeted it. I searched it youtube. Here they are...


I'm always amused by watching these artists performing/recording live. I'm already a fan just by only listening to their music. But seeing them having fun and doing what they do best. I can't help but feel envious. Wishing I have the same talent or skill.

Another live recording on youtube I've played repeatedly was These Days by Rudimental feat. Jess Glynne, Macklemore & Dan Caplen


They all look glowing while performing. K, fine. Maybe it was all put up because it was still a shoot after all. But I don't want to entertain that thought.

These live recordings remind me of MTV Unplugged.

Other favorites, if you want more fun. and if you feel it still but it's really is just a phase because it's like somebody that I used to know.


My point is... Forget it. Brandon Boyd said it perfectly, so I'll just quote him.
"You know, in a lot of people’s eyes, being a musician or a writer or an artist full-time is not something too respectable. But to tell you the truth, I think it’s the most respectable profession, because you’re doing what you want to do. And you’re not succumbing to the pressures of doing what you don’t want to do, just to make a living. You realize you can actually make a living by doing something that excites you. And the more you pursue what excites you, the more you’re rewarded."
– Brandon Boyd
That's all. I've already spent three hours on this blog post and watching/listening on youtube. I still have a "writer" thing to do. Night!