27.12.10

2010 Review


1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before? Quit my job.

Photo Credit: Jeffrey Balisi
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Some of them. Yes, I will. See my this-twenty-ten post.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My high school friend Jackilyn to a baby boy last October of this year.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Oh no, grateful.
5. What countries did you visit? Not one.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010? Assertiveness.
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory and why? The good times and the bad times I had with LBC.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I learned how to get along with people very well. Lived with people I don't know, give them my trust, and shared my life with them.
9. What was your biggest failure? That I didn't get a new stable job after my promising career with LBC.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? No. So thankful.
11. What was the best thing you bought? These might not be the biggest to other people but I bought myself; an SE phone, an external hard disk, and enrolled myself to a film training/seminar.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? I can say mine? Hahaha.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Bosses.
14. Where did most of your money go? RENT. Foods. Transportations to Lucban from Manila or Manila to Lucban. Small great travels. Books.
15. What did you really, really, really get excited about? Me and my friend Mae small travels.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010? Honor Society's "Where are you now?"
17. Compared to this time last year are you:
Happier? Happy.
Thinner? Fatter.
Richer? Poorer. (Because I'm on my own now.)
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? More travels and a bit further.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Facebook? Tv.
20. How did you spend Christmas? As always, alone. ;) Later on invited to a come over at friend's house.
21. How will you be spending new years? As usual, alone. ;) Send your invitations now.
22. Did you fall in love in 2010? CLOSE.
23. How many one-night stands? 23.
24. What was your favorite TV program? Dogs 101 on ANIMAL Planet!
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I don't hate.
26. What was the best book you read? Who Moved My Cheese? I read and finished it at National Bookstore without even buying it.
27. What was your biggest musical discovery? Angus and Julia Stone. Eliza Doolittle. Cee Lo Green. Franco.
28. What did you want and you got? refer to the photo below.

29. What did you want and not get? refer to the picture above.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old did you turn? I was taking a medical exam when I turned 22.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? A new job before this year ends.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? I think, 2010 made me realize that people should accept change, especially me. Not to become trendy but to find and have her own classic style. To sometimes care what might other people is thinking towards you right before they even get to know you. That you might not want to please other people but they will, and believe me they will, judge you by how you look and how you carry yourself. That being JUST comfortable with the clothes you wear is not always as good as you think. Because once you only care and think about is what-I-only-think-is-important you are disregarding other people that is part of your world which leads you to become a lousy dresser, you'll get lazy to keep a good hygiene, and close-minded individual who has his/her own world.
Looking good is taking care of yourself. Looking good is feeling good. Looking good in the eyes of others make you feel good. Looking good in front of the mirror feels great!
Did I answer your question?
34. What kept you sane? A good book and a perfect timing to read one.
35. Which celebrity did you fancy the most? Brandon Boyd!
36. What political issue stirred you the most? When I heard that Gordon will manipulate the results of the 2010 Presidential Elections because he was the senator to passed the Automated Elections System in the country.
37. Who did you miss? Watching FIFA World Cup in South Africa on Tv.
38. Who was the best new person you met? Si Manong! His personality was molded by all the experiences he went through in his life. His unique character was achieved by meeting the good, the bad and the ugly people he met along his fun journey. And he was always willing and volunteering to share all his incredibly unbelievable stories to people.

*Correction: I met this officemate last December of 2009, but I got to get to know him in 2010.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010: That men can't hear (unable to process inside their brain) the 70+ percent of what women tell them. That when a guy likes you; he won't offer you a job and/or he won't ask for a pasaload. That a workplace has politics. That some people love competition although they are alone in their own race. That survival is part of living. That life is a constant change.
40. Quote or Song Lyric that sums up your year:
"If it wasn't for you
I would never be who I am."