13.7.09

Someday we'll know.. why Samson loved Delilah.

Before there was Romeo and Juliet and Jack and Rose.. there was Samson and Delilah in the Bible (Judges 13 - 16:31).

Samson by Regina Spektor has been released in her album Songs year 2002 and Plain White T's Hey There Delilah was in their album All That We Needed released 2004. How could I possibly missed these magical songs back in those years?

I first discovered Regina Spektor while watching MYX. I was watching her music video Fidelity and I didn't get the song. I hated the video; the ah-ah-ah, ah-ah-aart lyrics irritates me, the video was dull. I changed the channel. One time, I once again saw the video and before the video ended, I knew it, I love her music! Samson was Regina's next hit after Fidelity. After hearing Samson, she became one of my favorite artist. How she plays the piano is lovely too. But Samson's music video wasn't that impressive.

Channel V on the other hand, let me discover Plain White T's when I saw their 1,2,3,4 music video. Instantly, I fell for the video, the lyrics and the already-taken-cute vocalist Tom Higgenson. I was so hooked with the song so I googled everything about the band and downloaded all their songs available. Doing this, I encountered their hit Hey There Dalilah. The song struck me the first time I listened to it. The music video was ordinarily extraordinary done. The lyrics is so sweet and simple in the same ways as the guitar plucking in the background.

Two lovely songs. high.

Regina Spektor - Samson




Plain White T's - Hey There Delilah