30.11.07

Bonifacio Day: Holiday! Horray!

Be not afraid of greatness; some are born great, some achieve greatness and others have greatness thrust upon them.
-William Shakespeare
Three men whose greatness is not new to us: Jose Rizal, Andress Bonifacio and Emilio Aguinaldo. Jose Rizal was born great. He was brought to this world wealthy, gifted, talented and intelligent. Andres Bonifacio achieved greatness through an old school style – hard work. Emilio Aguinaldo thrust greatness upon himself. He did not let anybody cross his way. He was determined to win.
Greatness comes to one’s life when they got: discipline, determination, perseverance, passion and goal. Be sure to recognize opportunity. Excel on the field you decided to be in. It might get pretty tough in times because the people surrounding you might laugh at you or would not even believe in you. Show these people the real you and do not be afraid to speak out your ideas that will stand out because when you do that is the time where they will trust you and start to believe in you.
I was not born great. I did not achieve any greatness either. That’s the reason why I am thrusting greatness upon me. I do my actions with passion. But for me greatness comes when people come up to me and say: You did a great job. Congratz! March 21, 2007