10.1.17

2016 Review

1.What did you do in 2016 that you’d never done before? 🙈🙊🙉🙈🙊🙉🙈🙊🙉
Ah! OK..I took a Habal-habal from Ayala to GMA-Kamuning in EDSA  during rush hour on a Friday night when heavy traffic was on! That's bravery right there!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I hardly did. I promised not to do a lot of activities or join any adventures just because I want to dedicate my 2016 to sleeping! 💤💤💤💤 
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes 👶 My high school BFF to a handsome baby boy, my brother's live-in girlfriend to a cute baby girl, and my officemate also to a healthy baby girl.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Unfortunately, yes, an officemate from another department who was really close to me.
5. What countries did you visit? Hong Kong, if you call that a country. Macau, if you consider that a country. Malaysia. Revisited Singapore, also, if that's a country. South Korea!



But wait, there's more.. Cambodia-Thailand-Malaysia-Indonesia before the year ends. Inshallah.
6. What would you like to have in 2017 that you lacked in 2016? An attitude that will be well respected because F*** YOU ****!!
7. What date from 2016 will remain etched upon your memory and why? July 2.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I started reading books, started with stocks, bought items to sell, etc.
9. What was your biggest failure? Should have started earlier of the year. But you know what they say -- better late than never!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Not an illness, nor an injury but I discovered I have a goiter.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Books! Books! Books!
  1. Smarter Faster Better
  2. The Godfather
  3. The Magic of Thinking Big
  4. Chicken Soup for the Soul
  5. Rich Dad Poor Dad
  6. The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
  7. The Origin of Species
  8. The Phantom of the Opera
  9. The Metamorphosis
  10. The Iliad
  11. The Scarlet Letter
  12. Kitchen Confidential
  13. The Economist : Guide to Investment Strategy
  14. Teach Yourself : Accounting and Finance
  15. The Economist : Guide to Analysing Companies
  16. Griding It Out : The Making of McDonald's
  17. The $100 Startup
  18. Eat Move Sleep
  19. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
  20. Why Women Love Bitches
  21. Teach Yourself : Secrets of Wealthy People
  22. How to Win Friends & Influence People
  23. Visual Bilingual Dictionary Japanese-English
  24. The Personal MBA
  25. Think and Grow Rich
  26. The Richest Man in Babylon
  27. The 80/20 Principle
  28. Never Eat Alone
  29. Secrets of the Millionaire Mind
  30. The Economist : Business Strategy
  31. NLP The Essential Guide to Neuro-Linguistic Programming
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My ex-boyfriend's on being goal-oriented, disciplined, focused, his drive and dedication, his approach on healthy living, his decision making process, his witty sense of humor, passion for seeing the world, his cravings for knowledge and wisdom, being frugal, being a bookworm, believing in one's potential, his love and respect for his mother.. and probably many others that I didn't get to know.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? My ex-boyfriend's narrow-mindedness, selfishness, greediness.. being disrespectful ..and probably many others that I didn't get to know.
14. Where did most of your money go?
  • Books Php 14,140.40+
  • Airline Tickets Php 38,317.10+
  • Food Delivery Php 10,575.20+
15. What did you really, really, really get excited about? ..when one of my housemate finally moved out??!
16. What song will always remind you of 2016? Starving and Say You Won't Let Go... I HATE THESE SONGS!!!
17. Compared to this time last year are you:
Happier? Always happy, will aim for happier next year!😋
Thinner? Yupsexier!💃
Richer? Yup, filthier!💰
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Reading books.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Reading reddit.
20. How did you spend Christmas? On a train going to the boarder of Thailand-Malaysia in the morning. In a taxi with the taxi driver who helped me find a Money Changer in the town of Butterworth at noontime. On a ferry bound to Georgetown. Biking. Getting full from street foods of Penang. Coincidentally shared a hostel room with a random Japanese girl who was also at the boarder earlier that day.
21. How will you be spending New Year's? In a layover in Kuala Lumpur for sure!
22. Did you fall in love in 2016? FELL HARD it hurt.
23. How many one-night stands? Hmmmm... Mmmmm.......
24. What was your favorite TV program? The Big Bang Theory... oohhhh myyy goddddd GAME OF THRONES!!!
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I don't hate ..but f*** you ****!
26. What was the best book you read? My recent ex-boyfriend will be proud while my ex-boyfriend before that recent ex-boyfriend will be disappointed -- Rich Dad, Poor Dad assholes!
28. What did you want and you got? A relationship.
29. What did you want and not get? A long-lasting relationship.
30. What was your favorite film of this year? Not released this year but disturbed me nonetheless --



31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old did you turn? Turned 28 and went to Chinatown. Then, went to my ex-boyfriend's place to eat ..cake. Nope, no candles to blow. Whut?!
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? If I had committed less to none money mistakes
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2016? As cool as this...
Crocs Black Woman's Comfortable Flats (Kadee)
34. What kept you sane? Irrelevant question but will force myself to answer this one. Probably my travels, yeah, they have kept me quite sane.
35. Which celebrity did you fancy the most? Not too much but this hottie from I Origins..
36. What political issue stirred you the most? The Human Rights on the "extra judicial killings" in the country at the moment. I don't like them. I'll leave it at that.
37. Who did you miss? My dad. I have not talked to him a lot this year.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
The best and the worst!
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2016:
There are four types of people in this world: people you like, people you do not like, people who likes you, and people who does not like you. Don't take for granted the people who likes you. Don't waste your time and energy on the people who does not like you. If you must, learn to walk away! 
40. Quote or Song Lyric that sums up your year: 
🎵 I got that sunshine in my pocket, got that good soul in my feet🎵