6.5.16

Hosteling in Kuala Lumpur

So I made it to Bikit Bintang from Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2. I followed the directions from Google map which is this :

I was able to follow the walk route indicated in the 2nd image. Of course, I'm excellent with directions! But then, my orientation isn't. I got lost in the heart of Bukit Bintang. I
I found myself in between Lo Yat Plaza and Parkson Sungei Wang Plaza. The sun is out, it was hot, and I'm tired and I'm longing for a cold water. So I sat in the corner of Lo Yat Plaza. After a few minutes of resting my feet, I started walking again to look for my hostel.

I went back to where I started, this time I pay attention to road/street name signs. Just when I thought I was walking to the right direction, which is right, I gave up and asked for the police where Alor Bunker Home is located. Three of them gathered, one of them is the interpreter. She told me to back to the corner where there was a traffic light. But I knew from the spot that I'm close to the place very close since I saw pictures of the surrounding area of the hotel. I could smell it was just in my nose!

But I obeyed the officers who were in the are taking pictures of plate numbers of cars parked in the area. I walked back to the corner where there was a traffic light. This time I walked to the street where major food stalls are located, where they grill and serve local food. Then I reached the end of that street, I turned right and I found myself heading back to Low Yat Plaza. Again, I asked for direction. He said Jalan Alor is the street over there. There. The one that I came from. But I didn't see a Alor Bunker Home hostel in there. So I went back and took the other block, while walking.. something caught my attention. DIMSUM!!!!

I didn't hesitate and ordered 1 siomai and 1iced coffee. Ahhhhh!!! What a good life, even though I still can't find my dang hostel.

I finished my food and proceeded with my mission. Alas! I saw Jalan Rembia street sign. DANG!!! I was just here, I told myself. It's where I found those police officers and asked for direction. Oh meehn. So there, I took another turn, and there it was. My hostel was there : Alor Bunker Home.