7.9.15

2 of 100 : My Roadmap to Happythankyoumoreplease

Moving on after a break-up has three stages. Or four. Or seven. It depends on the person and the relationship.

I, myself, do not understand what stages I've already been through and what stages are still there that I am missing. With the support of my officemates, they arranged a small house party so I could crossed out an activity which is an essential part of the moving on process -- GET DRUNK!

Several months has already passed since the break-up. I don't think I have anything more to say to let it out. As much as possible, I still keep everything to myself. I just really wanted to get drunk. And so we did.. I did.

Trying my best poker face ala Lady Gaga
That night of brandy and beers was made possible not so I could share the whole story of the break-up to the group nor express any remorse that I'm feeling. The sole purpose of that night was just to have an unforgettable Saturday night. But of course, I couldn't help myself dropping hints of the break-up from time to time due to the amount of alcohol in my system.

During one of my "dropping hints" moments or #hugot moments, my friend's boyfriend asked me, "Who broke up with who? Did you break-up with him?" I nodded. "So why are you the one grieving?"

Because..

"..bad things happen for a reason but no wise words is going to stop the bleeding. 'Cause he's moved on while I'm still grieving and when a heart breaks it don't break even."