- Winter Sonata's shooting location was in Nami Island
- My seatmate in the office and her sisters weren't able to visit Le Petite France when they traveled to Korea
- Myeong-dong is a shopping district area, so I booked my hostel there (although shopping was not my intention!)
- Korean peninsula is divided by DMZ
I got lost so.. delay on my arrival at DMZ imminent.
So this is How to Get to DMZ (The Korean Demilitarized Zone) from Seoul for only a few bucks!
- Take the Gyeongui Line to Munsan Station
- From Musan Station, walk your way to a bus station https://goo.gl/Zbc3rH
- Take the bus no. 058
- Get off at Imjingak
You will not miss this point because it stuns from all the rest of pick-up/drop-off points. Walk your way from the entrance of Imjingak to DMZ Ticket Booth.
|Sketch given to me by very helpful staff of Musan Station whom I paid a bow upon my successful return from DMZ on my way back to Seoul^^|
|The DORASAN STATION in DMZ which has no scheduled trains for now. No more direct trains from Seoul to Dorasan at the time I made my trip.|
|This got me teary-eyed and hopeful.|
|The North Korea|
|Right after my binoculars have turned off, there was an old Korean man who tapped me and pointed his binoculars and by that he meant "Take mine, I'm done here!!"|
What I enjoyed the most are the very warm and helpful people I encountered. From the train staff in Seoul when I can't find the right train. To the Musan train staff who went the extra mile by sketching my way to the bus station. To the old Korea man who have cheered me up from bus station from Musan up to when I found him (or he found me again) on the bus station going back to Musan from Imjingak!! He even high-fived me when we meet again^^ And also, the guy sitting beside me on the bus who didn't even waited for me to ask what the bus driver was saying but instantly translated every instruction along the way.
I am now back in the Philippines corporate slavin'. Follow me on my next adventure in Cambodia this December!